Putting one foot in front of the other seems like an easy concept without much thought involved. After we learn to walk as a toddler, we usually don’t give walking or balance much thought. Balance is a crucial part of life. We usually don’t know it’s not working until its challenged or gone. Balance helps you sit, stand, get up and down, walk, run, ride a bike and includes everyday functional moves to experience your day.
At InnerStrength University, balance is an essential component in every exercise we do or instruct as part of our Personal Training Programs. Balance involves your core muscles—the ones surrounding your spine. Whether we incorporate a balance exercise for balance itself, for example the Yoga Tree Pose, or as a part of another exercise, such as a one leg weighted dead lift, every exercise will challenge and give instant feedback to exactly how balanced and strong your core is functioning.
Uneven cracked pavements, a misjudged step or even icy sidewalks can quickly give insight to how strong your balance and core are at that moment. By why wait? Why take the chance of an unnecessary injury?
Gymnasts, football players, runners and other athletes are taught how to fall so they can minimize any potential injury and maximize results. This incorporates balance training and core strengthening. Why should be any different. If all of your energy in a workout is focused on maintaining balance, you will not be exercising the focused muscles properly, therefore will experience slow or inconsistent results.
If your balance is off, all movements made are deeply ineffective. Your core is essential to every move you make. So how balanced are you? Stay tuned as we introduce different waves to measure your balance.
~ Denise Povernick
For more information to schedule your personalized 30 or 60 minute Balance Assessment, click on the buttons below:
So you made the decision to start to exercise and purchase a gym membership or you decide to workout from home and follow exercise instructors on YouTube or TV. Yet you feel overwhelmed because there is so much conflicting information out there or you simply don’t know how to proper use the equipment. Then there’s terms like resistance, plyometrics, supinate, pronate and on top of that you got to remember to breathe. What weight do you start with? How do you know when to increase it? What is a drop set? You think to yourself that you might as well be speaking a foreign language.
This is such a common experience even if you have some background in exercise and sports. The exercise industry is full of alleged “quick fix” costly fads. So in this article we will discuss 10 reasons why you need a personal trainer no matter what your level of fitness. Did you know that even the top competitors in the Olympia contests have at least 1 if not a team of trainers? Next week we will follow up with an article of how to pick a qualified Personal Trainer that fits your needs.
Here are the 10 Reasons you need a Personal Trainer:
1. Knowledgeable: We not only have the book knowledge of what we do, we also have the personal experience too. No matter how much you know be open to learn and absorb what we can teach you.
2. Proper Form: We know proper form. Proper form is essential to get the results you seek and to avoid injury. It doesn’t matter how heavy you can lift or how fast you can go if the form is not correct.
3. Breathing: We remind you often to breathe. A common occurrence during training is to hold your breath instead of breathing properly. It is also important to know on each exercise when to breathe in, breathe out and what type of breath to use. As a personal trainer, this the most frequent correction I make during a session, sometimes 5-10 times per session.
4. Goal Setting & Results Driven: We have the ability to assess your abilities and your level of fitness and help you create goals and map out a plan for you to get those results.
5. Accountability: We will hold you accountable. It’s harder to miss the gym when you have an appointment scheduled. Also through this accountability, your Personal Trainer will help you develop new healthy habits.
6. Personalized Training Plans: Today’s fitness industry is exploding in mass group training box type gyms. Not all of these gyms are owned by actual Personal Trainers. Though cheaper in price than 1 on 1 Personal Training, you get what you pay for: little individualized attention; greater chance of injury and little way of measuring progress. Personal Trainers create personalized plans with lots of detail, guidance on when to modify and as stated earlier concentration of breathing and form.
7. Personal Trainers Challenge you: Isn’t this the foundation of what Personal Training is all about? We will take you beyond what can do on your own. That’s whole purpose. We will introduce you to new exercises, technique variations and proper executions.
8. Change Your Mindset: We help you change how you think about healthy lifestyles, exercise, rest, your body and so much more.
9. Plant Seeds of Possibilities: We are walking the talk. We live our art. Personal Training isn’t something I do for a career, it’s who I am. I know not every client wants to look as I look, I listen and give my clients a extra nudge to become more every chance I can.
10. Invest In You: We are just as excited for you when you hit your goals as we are for ourselves. We are your biggest cheerleaders. We care about you and your health.
This list is just could go on and on. Personal Training has so many benefits and it is an investment you make in yourself. My end game with every client no matter what service I provide for them (Personal Training, Nutrition, Life Coaching etc.) is to empower you through your personal interaction with me to not only learn the knowledge I share but to experience and become it. My true mission is to get you so empowered, you no longer need me. That is my biggest passion!
Tune in next week for Tips on how to Find the Personal Trainer for you.
Denise B. Povernick is a well-known, highly sought after Spiritual Empowerment Coach, Usui 9th Degree Reiki Grand Master, Karuna Ki Reiki Master, Certified Master Trainer and Certified Sports Nutritionist. Denise guides people how to connect to their inner strength and inner wisdom. She helps people shift from feeling stuck, overwhelmed to enjoying life by being aligned with their life purpose through inspired, empowered actions.