As we begin Part of the Heart Chakra Series, if you haven't read Part 1 click here because we will build on that amazing introduction.
Love and life experienced through the Heart Chakra is not just about romance, but transcending Ego limitations and personal mind preoccupations to open up more fully experiencing compassion, love and life. When you live from your heart, your heart energy is opened and balanced, you can feel clearly and experience life not just on a physical level but also emotional and Spiritual. The Heart Chakra is also a center through which we experience the beauty of life. Experiencing the world through a balanced Heart Chakra is being in a state of openness, love, joy and acceptance that brings us in touch with our ourselves first and then our world in profound and fulfilling ways.
The Heart Chakra connects the lower chakras (physical) and upper chakras (spiritual). It acts as a center of integration of physical earthly matters and higher spiritual aspirations. It also acts as a conduit to the energy flow of flow of giving and receiving.
All Levels of any of the Seven Chakras' energy movement (Overactive, Balanced or Blocked) exist simultaneously and in total fullness and completion at all times (Law of Polarity). The more important aspect is where is your awareness of the energy based on real-time (Now Moment) instant feedback.
Heart Chakra Governs
The Heart chakra is associated with the following characteristics:
Balancing the Heart Chakra
Here are some fun and simple practices:
11. Cultivate self-compassion and acceptance
12. Engage in heart heartfelt activities
13. Balance the ebb and flow of giving & receiving
14. Sound Therapy & listening to heart centered music
15. Reiki Energy Healing
Heart Chakra Focused Yoga Poses:
1. Lie face-down with your forehead resting on the floor.
2. Place your hands on either side, at the middle of your ribcage.3. Draw your legs together, pressing the tops of your feet into the floor.
4. Reach back through your toes, lengthening your legs.
5. Press evenly through your hands as you draw your elbows close to your ribcage.
6. Using the strength of your back (not your arms), lift your head and chest, sliding your shoulder blades down your back. Take 5 to 10 long, deep, even breaths here.
7. Then gently release to the floor, turning your head to one side.
Cat (Marjaryasana) - Cow (Bitilasana) — Cat-Cow is a gentle flow between two poses that warms the body and brings flexibility to the spine. It stretches the back torso and neck, and softly stimulates and strengthens the abdominal organs. It also open the chest, encouraging the breath to become slow and deep. The spinal movement of the two poses stimulates the kidneys and adrenal glands. Coordinating this movement with your breathing relieves stress and calms the mind.
4. Next, move into Cat Pose: As you exhale, draw your belly to your spine and round your back toward the ceiling. The pose should look like a cat stretching its back.
5. Release the crown of your head toward the floor, but don't force your chin to your chest.
6. Inhale, coming back into Cow Pose, and then exhale as you return to Cat Pose.
When you take the time to learn your energy, how it moves through your body through your Chakras, you will then learn how the energy starts to bring greater awareness to who you are and the enormity of your Infinite nature. Only then will you begin to hear your personalized Heart Song and it will guide you to harmonious co-creation with others at the same aligned attraction point. Each additional Chakra is the equivalent of adding another instrument to create a beautiful symphony.
Stay tuned as we journey through each Chakra and bring awareness to the balance already within you.
~ Denise B. Povernick
So you made the decision to start to exercise and purchase a gym membership or you decide to workout from home and follow exercise instructors on YouTube or TV. Yet you feel overwhelmed because there is so much conflicting information out there or you simply don’t know how to proper use the equipment. Then there’s terms like resistance, plyometrics, supinate, pronate and on top of that you got to remember to breathe. What weight do you start with? How do you know when to increase it? What is a drop set? You think to yourself that you might as well be speaking a foreign language.
This is such a common experience even if you have some background in exercise and sports. The exercise industry is full of alleged “quick fix” costly fads. So in this article we will discuss 10 reasons why you need a personal trainer no matter what your level of fitness. Did you know that even the top competitors in the Olympia contests have at least 1 if not a team of trainers? Next week we will follow up with an article of how to pick a qualified Personal Trainer that fits your needs.
Here are the 10 Reasons you need a Personal Trainer:
1. Knowledgeable: We not only have the book knowledge of what we do, we also have the personal experience too. No matter how much you know be open to learn and absorb what we can teach you.
2. Proper Form: We know proper form. Proper form is essential to get the results you seek and to avoid injury. It doesn’t matter how heavy you can lift or how fast you can go if the form is not correct.
3. Breathing: We remind you often to breathe. A common occurrence during training is to hold your breath instead of breathing properly. It is also important to know on each exercise when to breathe in, breathe out and what type of breath to use. As a personal trainer, this the most frequent correction I make during a session, sometimes 5-10 times per session.
4. Goal Setting & Results Driven: We have the ability to assess your abilities and your level of fitness and help you create goals and map out a plan for you to get those results.
5. Accountability: We will hold you accountable. It’s harder to miss the gym when you have an appointment scheduled. Also through this accountability, your Personal Trainer will help you develop new healthy habits.
6. Personalized Training Plans: Today’s fitness industry is exploding in mass group training box type gyms. Not all of these gyms are owned by actual Personal Trainers. Though cheaper in price than 1 on 1 Personal Training, you get what you pay for: little individualized attention; greater chance of injury and little way of measuring progress. Personal Trainers create personalized plans with lots of detail, guidance on when to modify and as stated earlier concentration of breathing and form.
7. Personal Trainers Challenge you: Isn’t this the foundation of what Personal Training is all about? We will take you beyond what can do on your own. That’s whole purpose. We will introduce you to new exercises, technique variations and proper executions.
8. Change Your Mindset: We help you change how you think about healthy lifestyles, exercise, rest, your body and so much more.
9. Plant Seeds of Possibilities: We are walking the talk. We live our art. Personal Training isn’t something I do for a career, it’s who I am. I know not every client wants to look as I look, I listen and give my clients a extra nudge to become more every chance I can.
10. Invest In You: We are just as excited for you when you hit your goals as we are for ourselves. We are your biggest cheerleaders. We care about you and your health.
This list is just could go on and on. Personal Training has so many benefits and it is an investment you make in yourself. My end game with every client no matter what service I provide for them (Personal Training, Nutrition, Life Coaching etc.) is to empower you through your personal interaction with me to not only learn the knowledge I share but to experience and become it. My true mission is to get you so empowered, you no longer need me. That is my biggest passion!
Tune in next week for Tips on how to Find the Personal Trainer for you.
Denise B. Povernick is a well-known, highly sought after Spiritual Empowerment Coach, Usui 9th Degree Reiki Grand Master, Karuna Ki Reiki Master, Certified Master Trainer and Certified Sports Nutritionist. Denise guides people how to connect to their inner strength and inner wisdom. She helps people shift from feeling stuck, overwhelmed to enjoying life by being aligned with their life purpose through inspired, empowered actions.